Warehouse Workers on the day shift receive, warehouse and ship fresh organic produce in a safe, accurate and timely manner while maintaining high quality standards with minimal product loss. The position reports to the Day Warehouse Supervisor and takes direction from Day Warehouse Team Leads.
- Pull customer orders in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Complete pick slips accurately and neatly
- Build proper (safe and sturdy) pallets and load product to meet truck completion deadlines
- As directed by IC or Receive Lead participate in the safe and efficient flow of incoming product to ensure timely availability of product for order pulling
- Provide accurate accounting of received product
- Be familiar with storage requirements, product sensitivity and handling needs
- Stock incoming product, rotating new stock into old, and dating lots
- Understand and comply with VV’s safety policies, procedures and best practices and encourage co-workers to do the same
- Maintain warehouse in a green, clean and orderly condition
- Report equipment and facilities issues to Warehouse Supervisor and Facilities Manager
- Successfully complete training on the safe use of material handling equipment and consistently operate equipment in a safe manner
- Report product quality issues to Team Lead and Inventory Control
- Attend and participate in Warehouse crew meetings
- Participate as required in other tasks to ensure achievement of warehouse department goals
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance
- Must be able to lift more than 55 – 70 lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete floors for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to follow safety procedures (i.e., proper lifting techniques)
- Must be able to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for long periods of time
The regular schedule for the Day Warehouser is:
Monday – 6:00 am – 3:30 pm
Tuesday – Off
Wednesday – Off
Thursday – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Friday – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Saturday – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Sunday – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
*The 6-week introductory period/training schedule will differ from the schedule listed above.
COMPENSATION – $18.74 – $21.75/hour
Veritable Vegetable offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (415) 920-0448.
- Complete this job application.